New Prosperity Programme Projects Announced
The Table Mountain Fund’s Prosperity Programme aims to unlock the potential of fynbos-based economies in order to provide economic and social benefits for our local communities. To meet the Fund’s Prosperity Programme objectives, in 2021 TMF put out a call for proposals, looking for social entrepreneurs who were ready to scale their business and provide greater environmental and social impact in a financially sustainable manner. The response to this call was inspiring, and after a long consultation period, we are proud to announce the following five projects as our new Prosperity Programme funding recipients:
- !Khwa ttu – Food from our Ancestors. !Khwa ttu San Culture & Education Centre
- Biodiversity Contractor Development Programme. Contour Enviro Group
- Experiencing Fynbos on the Edge: A unique immersive experience. Endangered Wildlife Trust
- Bag the Change. Sandveld Republic
- U Can Grow Fynbos Initiative in the Southern Cape. U Can Grow Africa (PTY) LTD.
“𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘛𝘔𝘍. 𝘖𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘪𝘮 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘺𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯. 𝘉𝘺 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘷𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘢-𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯 𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵, 𝘸𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘴, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴.” – Kerry Maree, TMF Manager
Over the next few months, we look forward to introducing you to these unique businesses and the inspiring individuals driving their success and growth.
Photo: Bag the Change – Sandveld Republic